Russian Steel Tycoon Vladimir Lisin Quotes
Find the popular quotes collection by Russian steel tycoon Vladimir Lisin who is a sucessful chairmon and majority shareholder of Novolipetsk or NLMK and the company is one of the four largest steel companies in Russia.
- I am not trying to say that I am poor and that I don’t like beautiful things. But I don’t like luxury for luxury sake or in the sense of showing off luxury.
- To create a big company, you need more partners, as it is hard to handle such a project alone. Such projects bring access to the expertise and management resources of the partners, and their connections above all.
- It is not good to demonstrate your luxury and your wealth: to rub it in the faces of others is insulting. So you should be modest; try not to insult people by showing that you can do what they cannot.
- There are ways of fighting for your interests. I never do something in business that I wouldn’t do in life.
- For me, my father was, and still is, a symbol of qualified persons in the Ministry of Foreign Trade under Soviet conditions.
- Many people say the privatisation was unfair: that is true – it was unfair. That is a fact: some people became rich and others did not. Unfair does not mean illegal, but it was inevitably unfair.
- When you supervise something, it is one thing. When you are in the middle of something, there is a different pace of life.
- The Interros strategy toward various assets generally depends on the stage of their development and level of their maturity.
- It is not so much that I am a blue-blooded oligarch: I just don’t feel like an oligarch.
- Frankly speaking, I decided to become a businessman at the moment when I understood that it is possible, because I grew up in a country where it was not possible. There existed even a special article in the penal code of the Soviet Union which punished entrepreneurial activity.
- Everybody starts with creating or acquiring certain property in order to create the material to work with. When we started our business, we thought first of all about development, how to grow, and we managed to do this, even with all the difficulties and all the difficult rules that were implemented in Russia at that time.