35+ Inspirational Quotes by Successful Businessman Sergey Brin
Find the best collection of quotes by computer scientist and successful businessman Sergey Brin who co-founded Google and listed as 12th richest person in the world.
Sergey Brin Quote on Business
Generally, health is just so heavily regulated. It’s just a painful business to be in. It’s just not necessarily how I want to spend my time.
Sergey Brin Quotes on Money
- You can make money without doing evil.
- When it’s too easy to get money, then you get a lot of noise mixed in with the real innovation and entrepreneurship. Tough times bring out the best parts of Silicon Valley.
- You always hear the phrase, money doesn’t buy you happiness. But I always in the back of my mind figured a lot of money will buy you a little bit of happiness. But it’s not really true. I got a new car because the old one’s lease expired.
Sergey Brin Quotes on Technology
- As we go forward, I hope we’re going to continue to use technology to make really big differences in how people live and work.
- Technology is an inherent democratizer. Because of the evolution of hardware and software, you’re able to scale up almost anything. It means that in our lifetime entreeveryone may have tools of equal power.
- If what we are doing is not seen by some people as science fiction, it’s probably not transformative enough
- Too few people in computer science are aware of some of the informational challenges in biology and their implications for the world. We can store an incredible amount of data very cheaply.
Great Sergey Brin Quotes
- We are currently not planning on conquering the world.
- Solving big problems is easier than solving little problems.
- It’s not enough not to be evil. We also actively try to be good.
- Ultimately you want to have the entire world’s knowledge connected directly to your mind.
- Any conversation I have about innovation starts with the ultimate goal.
- If you had all the world’s information directly attached to your brain, or an artificial brain that was smarter than your brain, you’d be better off.
- Currently we don’t have plans on conquering the world.
- People try new things all the time. By now, the people who succeed have to be very sophisticated.
- We wouldn’t survive if people didn’t trust us.
Sergey Brin Quotes on Google
- The kind of environment that we developed Google in, the reason that we were able to develop a search engine, is the web was so open. Once you get too many rules, that will stifle innovation.
- Some say Google is God. Others say Google is Satan. But if they think Google is too powerful, remember that with search engines unlike other companies, all it takes is a single click to go to another search engine.
- I am sometimes something of a lazy person, so when I end up spending a lot of time using something myself – as I did with Google in the earliest of days, I knew it was a big deal.
- My vision when we started Google 15 years ago was that eventually you wouldn’t have to have a search query at all. You’d just have information come to you as you needed it. And [Google Glass] is now, 15 years later, sort of the first form factor that I think can deliver that vision.
- The name was supposed to be ‘Googol,’ which is the mathematical term for a 1 followed by 100 zeroes. It was before the Google spellchecker existed.
- Google actually relies on our users to help with our marketing. We have a very high percentage of our users who often tell others about our search engine.
- Before Google, I don’t think people put much effort into the ordering of results. You might get a couple thousand results for a query. We saw that a thousand results weren’t necessarily as useful as 10 good ones.
Sergey Brin Famous Quotes
- When I was growing up, I always knew I’d be in the top of my class in math, and that gave me a lot of self-confidence.
- In the future, search engines should be as useful as HAL in the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey-but hopefully they won’t kill people.
- Too many rules with stifle innovation.
- Once you go from 10 people to 100, you already don’t know who everyone is. So at that stage you might as well keep growing, to get the advantages of scale.
- Obviously everyone wants to be successful, but I want to be looked back on as being very innovative, very trusted and ethical and ultimately making a big difference in the world.
- We came up with the notion that not all web pages are created equal. People are – but not web pages.
- We deal with all varieties of information. Somebody’s always upset no matter what we do. We have to make a decision; otherwise there’s a never-ending debate.
- I feel there’s an existential angst among young people. I didn’t have that. They see enormous mountains, where I only saw one little hill to climb.
- Today, if you want to access a typical out-of-print book, you have only one choice – fly to one of a handful of leading libraries in the country and hope to find it in the stacks.
Sergey Brin Inspirational Quotes
- As for “Don’t be evil,” we have tried to define precisely what it means to be a force for good-always do the right, ethical thing. Ultimately, “Don’t be evil” seems the easiest way to summarize it.”
- whenever I have met with our elected officials they are invariably thoughtful, well-meaning people. And yet collectively 90% of their effort seems to be focused on how to stick it to the other party.
- We are focused on features, not products. We eliminated future products that would have made the complexity problem worse. We don’t want to have 20 different products that work in 20 different ways. I was getting lost at our site keeping track of everything. I would rather have a smaller set of products that have a shared set of features.But the vast majority of books ever written are not accessible to anyone except the most tenacious researchers at premier academic libraries. Books written after 1923 quickly disappear into a literary black hole.
- It’s a romantic notion that you’re going to have one brilliant idea and then everything is going to be great… but the execution and delivery are what’s key.
- It’s important not to overstate the benefits of ideas. Quite frankly, I know it’s kind of a romantic notion that you’re just going to have this one brilliant idea and then everything is going to be great. But the fact is that coming up with an idea is the least important part of creating something great. It has to be the right idea and have good taste, but the execution and delivery are what’s key