American Mathematician James Harris Simons Quotes
Popular motivational quotes and sayings collection by American mathematician and hedge fund manager who was known for his services.
James Simons Quotes on Business
- We have very high standards and it works. Our business is wonderful as a result.
- It’s difficult to run a business and be so consumed with another passion.
- Through high school, anything related to business seemed absurd to me.
- I’ve always believed if there’s going to be a hit – take it and then go on about your business.
James Simons Quotes on Fund
- Size works against you in a fund like this.
- Inversion was the kiss of death. The fund was unhedged with respect to the yield curve.
- We have been caught in what appears to be a large wave of deleveraging on the part of quantitative long/short hedge funds.
- We decided that systematic trading was best. Fundamental trading gave me ulcers.
James Simons Quotes on Life/ Family
- Luck plays a meaningful role in everyone’s lives.
- I used to have it in my house. My wife didn’t particularly like it.
- Patterns of price movement are not random. However, they’re close enough to random…
James Simons Quotes on Mathematics
- Had nothing to do with mathematics. Happily, more things went for us than against us.
- I was always interested in math, even when I was a very little kid.
- I wanted to do mathematics from the time I was 3. Literally. I would think about numbers and shapes.
- By high school I knew that I was going to be a scientist of some sort. But I just assumed mathematics.
James Simons Motivational Quotes
- We started to think about a whole new way to look at futures.
- To myself, I have said, ‘I’m 62; by the time I’m 65, I’d like to pass the baton.’
- I like big round numbers. The papers call me the $100 billion guy.
- Everything is to some extent a compromise. Not everything can be perfect.
- It’s always nice to see your work picked up by someone else and carried on.
- God gave me a tail to keep off the flies. But I’d rather have had no tail and no flies.
- I’ve always felt like something of an outsider, no matter what I was doing.
- We’re moving in the direction of collaborative, goal-driven science.
- I’m supposed to be retired. But I’m juggling a lot of things.
- We can’t create our own data… You just have to play the data as it plays.
James Simons Famous Quotes
- Past performance is the best predictor of success.
- good atmosphere and smart people can accomplish a lot.
- Signals generated by a series of proprietary predictive systems.
- We don’t want to give away our big secrets here.
- We have three criteria: If it’s publicly traded, liquid and amenable to modeling, we trade it.
- There’s no such thing as the goose that lays the golden egg forever.