Famous quotes collection by political activist and Hungarian-American investor George Soros. He is the chairman of Soros Fund Management and a most successful investor.
George Soros Quotes on America
- I chose America as my home because I value freedom and democracy, civil liberties and an open society.
George Soros Quotes on Business
- I was a human being before I became a businessman.
- When you sell options, you get paid for assuming risk. That can be a profitable business, but it does not mix well with the risks inherent in a leveraged portfolio.
George Soros Popular Quotes
- Misconceptions play a prominent role in my view of the world.
- The hardest thing to judge is what level of risk is safe.
- Unfortunately, the more complex the system, the greater the room for error.
- When money is free, the rational lender will keep on lending until there is no one else to lend to.
- If investing is entertaining, if you’re having fun, you’re probably not making any money. Good investing is boring.
- The worse a situation becomes, the less it takes to turn it around, and the bigger the upside.
George Soros Famous Quotes
- 50. “I am for maximum supervision and minimum regulation.
- I’m only rich because I know when I’m wrong…I basically have survived by recognizing my mistakes
- Stock market bubbles don’t grow out of thin air. They have a solid basis in reality, but reality as distorted by a misconception.
- Whenever there is a conflict between universal principles and self-interest, self-interest is likely to prevail.
- Markets are constantly in a state of uncertainty and flux, and money is made by discounting the obvious and betting on the unexpected.
- Globalization has rendered the world increasingly interdependent, but international politics is still based on the sovereignty of states.
- It is much easier to put existing resources to better use, than to develop resources where they do not exist.
- I called gold the ultimate bubble, which means it may go higher. But it’s certainly not safe and it’s not going to last forever.
- The concept of a general equilibrium has no relevance to the real world (in other words, classical economics is an exercise in futility).
George Soros Inspirational Quotes
- If we carry this line of argument to its logical conclusion, the meaning of life consists of the flaws in one’s conceptions and what one does about them. Life can be seen as a fertile fallacy.
- Every bubble consists of a trend that can be observed in the real world and a misconception relating to that trend. The two elements interact with each other in a reflexive manner.
George Soros Communist Quote
- The main enemy of the open society, I believe, is no longer the communist but the capitalist threat.
George Soros Quotes on Democracy
- A full and fair discussion is essential to democracy.
- Most of the poverty and misery in the world is due to bad government, lack of democracy, weak states, internal strife, and so on.