Second Wealthiest Woman on Earth Alice Walton Quotes
Find the collection of quotes by well known and the second wealthiest woman on earth Alice Walton. She is the daughter of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton.
Alice Walton Quotes on Business
- Leaders must always put their people before themselves. If you do that, your business will take care of itself.
- Commit to your business. Believe in it more than anybody else.
- Individuals don’t win in business, teams do.
- Appreciate everything your associates do for the business.
- If you want a successful business, your people must feel that you are working for them – not that they are working for you.
- There’s a lot more business out there in small town America than I ever dreamed of.
- I not only knew I wanted to go into retailing, I also knew I wanted to go into business for myself.
Alice Walton Quotes on Wal Mart
- It’s just paper – all I own is a pickup truck and a little Wal-Mart stock.
- After a lifetime of swimming upstream, I am convinced that one of the real secrets to Wal-mart’s phenomenal success has been that very tendency.
- The two most important words I ever wrote were on that first Wal-Mart sign, ‘Satisfaction Guaranteed’. They’re still up there, and they have made all the difference.
Alice Walton Quotes on Wisdom
- Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom.
- Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody else is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going in exactly the opposite direction.
Alice Walton Quotes on Goals
- I believe in always having goals, and always setting them high.
- Money and ownership alone aren’t enough. Set high goals, encourage competition, and then keep score.
- The goal as a company is to have customer service that is not just the best, but legendary.
Alice Walton Quotes on Customers
- Lose your smile and lose your customers.
- If you don’t listen to your customers, someone else will.
- If one of our customers comes into the store without a smile, I’ll give them one of mine.
- Exceed your customer’s expectations. If you do, they’ll come back over and over. Give them what they want – and a little more.
- The way management treats their associates is exactly how the associates will then treat the customers.
- I had confidence that as long as we did our work well and were good to our customers, there would be no limit to us.
- The secret of successful retailing is to give your customers what they want
- Job security lasts only as long as the customer is satisfied. Nobody owes anybody else a living.
- Focus on something the customer wants, and then deliver it.
- There is only one boss. The customer…
Alice Walton Quotes on Success
- Celebrate your successes. Find some humor in your failures.
- I pay low wages. I can take advantage of that. We’re going to be successful, but the basis is a very low-wage, low-benefit model of employment.
- The key to success is to get out into the store and listen to what the associates have to say. It’s terribly important for everyone to get involved. Our best ideas come from clerks and stockboys.
- I think my constant fiddling and meddling with the status quo may have been one of my biggest contributions to the later success of Wal-Mart.
Alice Walton Quotes on Life
- There are only four things in life that matter. The first is happiness and I’ll sell you the other three for a dollar.
- If I had to single out one element in my life that has made a difference for me, it would be a passion to compete.
- All that hullabaloo about somebody’s net worth is just stupid, and it’s made my life a lot more complex and difficult,
Alice Walton Popular Quotes
- Do it. Try it. Fix it.
- To succeed in this world, you have to change all the time.
- High expectations are the key to everything.
- Expenses should never exceed one percent of our purchases.
- Most everything I’ve done I’ve copied from somebody else.
- Take the best out of everything and adapt it to your needs.
- When all else fails, put on a costume and sing a silly song.
- I was asked what I thought about the recession. I thought about it and decided not to take part.
- Control your expenses better than your competition. This is where you can always find the competitive advantage.
Alice Walton Famous Quotes
- I’ve owned about 18 airplanes over the years, and I’ve never bought one of them new.
- You can learn from everybody.
- Capital isn’t scarce; vision is.
- We’re all working together; that’s the secret.
- Loosen up, and everybody around you will loosen up.
- We let folks know we’re interested in them and that they’re vital to us. cause they are.
- I’ve always been driven to buck the system.
- I had to get up everyday with my mind set on improving something.
- Capital isn’t hard to find; intuition, yes.
- It is unhealthy to marinate in your own press clippings.
- Curiosity doesn’t kill the cat; it kills the competition.
- I loved retail from the beginning, and I still love it today.
Alice Walton Top Quotes
- Don’t get so stuck in your ways that you can’t change.
- It was almost as if I had a right to win. Thinking like that often seems to turn into sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- Keep everybody guessing as to what your next trick is going to be. Don’t become too predictable.
- I had to pick myself up and get on with it, do it all over again, only even better this time.
- A computer can tell you down to the dime what you’ve sold, but it can never tell you how much you could have sold.
- You can’t just keep doing what works one time, everything around you is changing. To succeed, stay out in front of change.
- Information is power, and the gain you get from empowering your associates more than offsets the risk of informing your competitor.
- I’d hate to see any descendants of mine fall into the category of what I’d call ‘idle rich’ – a group I’ve never had much use for.
- I have always been driven to buck the system, to innovate, to take things beyond where they’ve been.
- Nothing else can quite substitute for a few well-chosen, well-timed, sincere words of praise. They’re absolutely free and worth a fortune
- Communicate everything you can to your associates. The more they know, the more they care. Once they care, there is no stopping them.
- Great ideas come from everywhere if you just listen and look for them. You never know who’s going to have a great idea.